- Student Voice
- News & Events
Open to students from CAST Tech, CAST STEM, CAST Lead, CAST Med, and the Advanced Learning Academy. One winner to be chosen per school.
HOW TO ENTER
Create and submit a 30-second video highlighting why you chose CAST and why others should too!
Contest ends Friday, October 31, 2020!
Create and submit a 30-second video highlighting why you chose CAST and how CAST schools can be of benefit to other students. Contest is open to all 9th to 12th grade students currently enrolled in Center For Applied Science and Technology Network High School.
Deadline to enter is 11:59 PM on October 31, 2020.
Winners will be announced by the end of November 2020.
There will be a total of five (5) winners. One (1) from each of the following schools: CAST STEM, CAST Tech, CAST Med, CAST Lead and Advanced Learning Academy. Each winner will receive a $150 cash prize mid-December 2020.
• Video must be uploaded to YouTube; the link to the video must be included on the student’s contest entry form.
• Contestants must fill out the entire contest entry form in order to be eligible for the prize
• Video must be no more than 30 seconds long
• Video must include the slogan, “We Are CAST,” either verbally or shown visually
• Groups may not enter the contest
o Students may work together in groups to create a video but only one (1) student may be listed on the video contest entry form and agreement.
• Each student may submit only one (1) video
• Videos may not have been previously distributed, aired or have won any other award in any other competition
• Video must be original work created by the contest entrant. Students may receive guidance from a teacher, parent or guardian.
• All contestants must submit a media waiver that has been signed by his/her parent or legal guardian. Media waivers forms can be picked up at your school’s counselor office.
All entries will be judged by select members of the CAST staff, executive office, and industry partners.
· Entries will be evaluated by:
o Ability to gain the viewer’s attention and make a lasting impression
o Quality including characteristics such as accuracy, creativity, persuasiveness, clarity, and overall visual and audio production quality
o How well it portrays the CAST High School experience
All submitted videos may be used in whole or in part by the CAST Network for communications and/or instructional purposes. Winners, plus any additional selected videos will likely be showcased on the CAST website, social media, and school enrollment events throughout the 2020 enrollment period (thru May 30, 2021). Only submit an entry if you understand and agree to allow CAST to use your video in the future.