CAST STEM specializing in Engineering, Power and Energy, Advanced Manufacturing, and Global Logistics.This structured, accelerated, individualized approach will ensure that every CAST STEM graduate will have acquired the hard and soft skills that are essential to placement in one of San Antonio’s well-paying, high-demand jobs.
A CAST STEM teacher will serve as a pioneer teacher at an innovative school facilitating student learning through cross-curricular, project-based learning, blended learning, and personalized learning. Teachers must be committed to student success and to the ultimate goal of transforming education through working alongside industry and university partners to strengthen the learning environment for the 21st Century learner.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Analyze performance data in order to provide targeted instruction based on students’ individual needs.
- Develop and implement lesson plans that fulfill the requirements of the CAST STEM curriculum program, reflect accommodations for learning style differences, and show written evidence of preparation as required.
- Present subject matter according to the guidelines established by the Texas Education Agency, board policies, and administrative regulations.
- Work with other staff members to determine instructional goals, objectives and methods according to district requirements.
- Work with special education teachers to modify curricula as needed for special education students as identified in Individual Education Plans (IEP).
- Use technology to strengthen the teaching/learning process.
- Promote College/Career Readiness for all students.
- Plan and monitor the workflow of instructional assistants and volunteers.
- Daily attendance and punctuality are essential functions of the job.
- Perform other duties as assigned.