>>> Click Here to Apply <<<
LOCATION: CAST STEM HIGH SCHOOL
School District: SOUTHWEST ISD
POSITION: CAST STEM TEACHER – ENGINEERING
* Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited (4) year college or university
* Valid Texas teaching certificate with required endorsements for subjects and level assigned
* Candidate must have satisfactory outcome of fingerprinting background check. Non-refundable fee (approximately $50.00) paid by employee Special Knowledge and Skills:
* Demonstrated competency in subject area assigned
* Knowledge of project-based learning programs
* Passion to promote STEM careers to students, staff, parents, and business community
* Ability to align STEM content to targeted industry certification exams
* Knowledge of PLTW programs
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE: Experience with cross-curricular learning
CAST STEM will be the second in a San Antonio network of career-themed high schools focused on connecting students to high demand jobs, with CAST STEM specializing in Engineering, Power and Energy, Advanced Manufacturing, and Global Logistics.
This structured, accelerated, individualized approach will ensure that every CAST STEM graduate will have acquired the hard and soft skills that are essential to placement in one of San Antonio’s well-paying, high-demand jobs. A CAST STEM teacher will serve as a pioneer teacher at an innovative school facilitating student learning through cross-curricular, project-based learning, blended learning, and personalized learning. Teachers must be committed to student success and to the ultimate goal of transforming education through working alongside industry and university partners to strengthen the learning environment for the 21st Century learner.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Analyze performance data in order to provide targeted instruction based on students’ individual needs.
• Develop and implement lesson plans that fulfill the requirements of the CAST STEM curriculum program, reflect accommodations for learning style differences, and show written evidence of preparation as required.
• Present subject matter according to the guidelines established by the Texas Education Agency, board policies, and administrative regulations.
• Work with other staff members to determine instructional goals, objectives and methods according to district requirements.
• Work with special education teachers to modify curricula as needed for special education students as identified in Individual Education Plans (IEP).
• Use technology to strengthen the teaching/learning process. • Promote College/Career Readiness for all students.
• Plan and monitor work flow of instructional assistants and volunteers.
• Daily attendance and punctuality are essential functions of the job.
Perform other duties as assigned.
Mental & Physical Demands/Environmental Factors: Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, effective management and public relation skills, and ability to maintain emotional control under stress. Prolong periods of sitting, walking, standing, bending, stooping and occasional lifting of 40+ lbs. Job requires long periods of arm, hand, finger movement and occasional district-wide travel.
Employment Terms: 187 days on teacher salary schedule Stipend for non-contract workdays and 12 days of summer prep instruction
>>> Click Here to Apply <<<