CAST Teach High School is committed to inspiring San Antonio students to pursue careers in education through a culture of transformative and authentic learning. Our mission includes a commitment to centering the voices of students and teachers, as they work collaboratively to co-create their learning experiences. The Family & Consumer Science Teacher at CAST Teach shall, under the direction of the Principal, provide students with innovative learning activities and work-based experiences in the field of education to help them fulfill their potential for intellectual, emotional, physical and social growth. In addition, the Teacher will enable students to develop competencies and skills to competitively pursue careers in education, through innovation, reflective practice and project based learning.
(Only those persons who meet the minimum qualifications as posted should apply)
• Bachelor’s Degree from Accredited University
• Master’s Degree with 18 graduate hours in subject area from an accredited University (preferred)
• Family and Consumer Sciences, Composite or Home Economics Certification preferred; may also consider Hospitality, Nutrition & Food Sciences or
Human Development and Family Studies OR are currently enrolled in an Alternative Certification Program (ACP)
• Prior experience teaching advanced courses, such as Advanced Placement and Dual Credit (preferred)
• Demonstrated competency in the subject area(s)
• Substantial knowledge of curriculum and instruction
• Ability to instruct students and maintain a positive classroom culture
• Strong organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
• Must have satisfactory outcome of fingerprinting check prior to starting employment. Non-refundable fee paid by applicant.